Conducting periodic board self-assessments is one of the basic responsibilities of any organizational board. Board self-assessment helps the board understand how it is performing to help the association fulfil its mission and to reach identified organizational goals. A good self-assessment recognizes the board's strengths and identifies areas for growth. With a current assessment in place, the board has a road map to better governance and more satisfying board service.
- Board Self Assessment presentation (ppt)
- Board Self Assessment presentation (pdf)
- Successful Board Self-Assessments (Board Source)
- Is Your Board Ready for Self-Assessment (Starboard Leadership Consulting, LLC)
- Board Self Assessment Tool - Long Form (McKinsey & Company)
- Board Self-Evaluation Questionnaire (Dalhousie University College of Continuing Education)